I have a lifetime of boating experience from high wind windsurfing to a 140ft square rigger.
I started racing dinghys and by the age of 22 I was the principal of my own RYA sailing school, this evolved to running a shop selling windsurfing equipment which also promoted sailing as a sport to many hundreds of new enthusiasts.
My current boat is 'Rocking Horse' which I have fully re-fitted and sailed over 10000 nautical miles in.
After a varied working life, being primarily self employed in industry, I returned to the Marine Trade by completing the Surveyors Course at the International Boat Building College at Lowestoft. Spending five weeks with experienced surveyors like Paul Stevens, Roger Bell and Martin Evans gave me first hand experience of surveying many types of boats, including most manufacturing defects and aging problems found.
I am an accredited member of the YDSA, which is the formost regulatory body for surveyors in the world. Living in the Midlands, narrowboats form a percentage of my work but I frequently get out to the coast to survey a yacht or cruiser. The occasional trip abroad is always welcome.
Over the last few years I have been working with Marine Technique of Falmouth, completing damage inspection surveys for insurance claims.
Friendly aproachable and flexible to customer requirements.
Areas Mike Covers
- Nottingham: Sawley,Shardlow,Castle,Kingfisher Marinas
- Loughborough, Sileby and Barrow on Soar.
- Leicester Marinas.
- Derby, Willingdon and Shobnall
- Newark: Newark and Farndon Marinas
- Goole and South Ferriby
- Hull Marina and Grimsby
- Newcastle Marinas and Amble
- Liverpool Marina.
- York Marina, Acaster and Buroughbridge Marinas
- Castleford and Leeds.
- Sawbridgeworth and Hallingbury Marinas
- Cambridge and Ely Marinas
- Birmingham and Cannock
- Stoke on Trent: Longport Brokerage
- Nantwich: Aquaduct and Venetian Marinas